Well, I have to admit, I left my doctor appointment pretty bummed, but... I'm still ok, and at least I don't need a c-section.
I told Dr. Nance that I wanted to get an induced date set a week early before my due date. He said that was fine, and then looked at the calendar to see what a week before would be.
Well, since my actual due date is Saturday, August 28th, a week before would be on a Saturday. When he does inductions, he has you go in on a Wednesday, but Wednesday, August 18th is way to early to schedule an induction. So, he said he could the 25th. I laughed and said, well, I really wanted to have the baby and be home before the kids start school on the 24th. So I asked about either Thursday, August 19th or Friday, August 20th.
He said, that would generally be fine, BUT, he doesn't work at the Provo Hospital on Thursday or Friday. He is at the Provo Hospital on Monday and Wednesday, at the Payson Hospital on Thursday, and in his office on Tuesday and Friday. He only goes to the hospital on days he isn't schedule or leaves his office when someone is at the hospital going to have a baby, and he doesn't want to work on a Saturday if he doesn't have too. (ok, me either, but still!)
Since Chloe came 10 days early, he said he hopes that this one comes that early as well (me too!) and that would put me at August 18th. But because I want a date so I can try to get things planned out, next week at my 37 appointment, after he checks my cervix, he said we'd talk about doing an induction date on Sunday, August 22nd. He'd be willing to go in the hospital on Sunday for me. lol.
Here's hoping that Sadie will come early like Chloe... and before the kids start school on the 24th. Keep your fingers crossed for me too!
Thursday April 24- Saturday April 26
1 year ago
2 comments:
You never hear what you want to at those last appointments. Dr. Anderson told me that Provo hospital is a stickler for only allowing a week early induction. Hopefully it will be over with soon. I can't wait to see her!
I love finding new blogs and I have to say your family is beautiful. It's always good to catch up and I love following blogs. My blog is http://thepouhas.blogspot.com. If you want an invite email me at spouha@gmail.com. I always feel like a stalker if I can read your blog and you can't see mine :)
Sara (Sorensen) Pouha
Post a Comment