I was recently introduced to Rubio's by my husband and fell in LOVE! Who knew something so tasty would be something I would crave on a regular basis. But, it's true, it happened, I can't get enough. lol.
Now, if you know me, I HATE sharing my recipes, especially when I come up with a great copykat version of something. I have shared very little of those recipes because it usually takes me weeks to perfect them, in fact, I think I've only shared my Orange Chicken recipe (similar to Panda Express) with maybe 2 or 3 friends.
Well, you are all in luck, my husband loved this recipe so much that he told his friends at work and asked me to post it on my blog to share. So, I'm going to share with you all, my version of Rubio's Gourmet Chicken Tacos.
Ingredients Needed:
Corn Tortillas (the thicker the better)
Grilled Chicken (I purchase Tyson Grilled & Ready Fajita Chicken Strips from Walmart.)
Real Bacon Bits
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
1 Avocado
1 Cup Mayonnaise (yes, it has to be mayonnaise)
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
6 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, cut fine
4-8 Teaspoon pureed Chipotle Chili depending on spiciness wanted. (I purchase Embasa Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, then I puree them.)
2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
Chipotle Cream Sauce
In a blender, mix the mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, cut up cilantro (leaves only), and lime juice until smooth. Then blend in the pureed chipotle chili's. I start at 4 tsp. and then taste it, and depending on how spicy I want it, I add more. I use 6 teaspoons pureed chipotle chili in my sauce for my family.
(Yes, you will have left over Chipotle Cream Sauce for another time. This made 4 total of those freezer jam containers. You can even freeze the left over sauce for another time.)
Directions:
Warm up chicken until hot. While that's cooking, coat a griddle with butter then put the corn tortillas on. Warm up on one side and flip. To keep the tortillas soft, I butter the griddle again before flipping. Top the warm tortillas with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese and some bacon bits. When the cheeses are melted, top with a few slices of chicken and how ever much chipotle sauce you wish. Then finish with a few slices of avocado and lime juice over the top.
I hope you enjoy them, and if you do make them, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you think. Next time I'll make them, which I'm sure will be soon, I'll post a picture. Delicious!
Oh, and for those who love their green salsa, here's a similar version...
Salsa Verde:
2 cans 28oz. whole tomatillos (drained)
7 oz. can of pickled/nacho jalapenos (drained)
½ cup sugar
1 bunch cilantro - leaves only
salt to taste
I also like to add lime juie to taste
Throw it all in the blender - and there you go. Yummy!
Thursday April 24- Saturday April 26
1 year ago
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing this one! It looks delish! I discovered Rubio's last year and love their little street tacos--yum!
I totally want to feature your recipe on my examiner site...and interview you for a part of the article to see how you came up with that. You down with that? I'll share that you are a local digi-scrapper, too, and link to your store or site. :-)
And I have to say, your Orange Chicken recipe is the bomb dot com!
Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it!
Oh my, Mexican food is my favorite so this is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing it! :-)
Post a Comment