Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chloe & Cavities

Last week when we had a family dentist appointment, I pointed out to the dentist that I thought Chloe had really, really bad plague or tarter on her teeth. After he started looking at it, he said that she was getting cavities. She was born with really weak teeth and even though we brush as often as we do and swish fluoride, she just has bad teeth. I feel so bad... she has 8 cavities and she is only 3 1/2 years old. He did give us some prescription toothpaste for her to use and that should help as time goes on. And here I thought Brayden had bad teeth because he got them so early, nope, not like Chloe's weak teeth. Maybe it's due to her poor diet since she is so picky, who knows.

We scheduled her for 4 dentist appointments to get them fixed, a little each time.

Today was her first dentist appointment to get them fixed. Today she got 3 of them fixed. They put her in the chair, put a movie on for her, and told her they were going to put a 'elephant nose' on her to help her relax. I was really thinking the nitrous gas (laughing gas) would make her silly like my other kids, but it just made her drowsy. After a while he came back, and they gave her shots. She was so drowsy or what not that she didn't even know she was getting shots, which is what I thought would cause a lot of problems, but she was perfect. She was actually perfect her entire appointment.

(bad pictures, they were taken from my cell phone.)

Now that we are home and she is numb, the problems are all coming out. lol. I thought I explained that she needed to be careful not to bite her cheeks or lips because they were numb but while I was upstairs taking care of Sadie, she was downstairs chewing on them. I came downstairs to see her entire face covered in blood. She has been chewing on her cheeks and lips. Her lip where she has been chewing is all swollen. I feel so bad. We have to do this 3 more times... hopefully this was a lesson learned. UG!

Did I mention that Brayden is getting braces Tuesday. Oh yeah, this outta be fun.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Poor baby! So sad! I pray she will heal quickly. Tell her I send my love! ;-)

Visits Since March 15, 2008

Free Hit Counter