Friday, June 18, 2010

Another Ultrasound

When I went for my 20 week ultrasound, he said my uterus is long and tilted, whatever that means, and that my placenta was close to my cervix. Because of the low lying placenta, he said he wanted me to come back for another ultrasound around 30 weeks. This happened last time when I was pregnant with Chloe, so I figured, no biggie.

On Wednesday I went in as scheduled only to find out, it was still close and it hadn't migrated. It is about 3 cm away from my cervix, which is not good since you have to dilate to 10 cm to have the baby.

I get to go back around 34 or 35 weeks for another ultrasound, to see if it will migrate away as I continue to get bigger with baby Sadie. If at that time it hasn't, most likely I will have to have a scheduled c-section.

I've never had a c-section before, but that does mean I would get to have baby Sadie a little bit earlier because they wouldn't want me to dilate at all with the placenta being that close to my cervix.

I've now been advised to not lift anything heavy or do strenuous house work... hahaha, like I've ever done strenuous house work. lol. And it's hard though not to pick up Chloe and carry her, she is so lovable and cute. :)

We did get a couple ultrasound pictures that I will post after I have scanned them... but because Sadie is bigger it's hard to get great pictures in a ultrasound this far along.

He did say she doesn't look to have much hair, although, I do have to disagree, all my kids, even Brayden, had lots of hair when they were born. However, at my 30 week ultrasound with Chloe, you could actually see tons of puffy hair all over her head, this time with Sadie it just looked like fuzz. lol.

Baby Sadie weighs approximately 3 lbs 1 oz right now and my due date was recalculated to August 25th, although my original due date is August 28th, so it's not like they are changing that or anything, unless I go in for the scheduled c-section. Baby Sadie is also lying sideways in my stomach, which explains all the movements on just the one side. Although, she does move around quite often, because sometimes it's only on the other side. lol.

We can't wait to meet baby Sadie!!

4 comments:

Adam and Renee said...

You better spend more time on the computer blogging...that wouldn't be considered strenuous work!

Bobbie Murphy said...

I hope that things change for you and if you do end up having a c-section it really isn't that bad.. I had to have one with the twins since they were both breech!

Jodi Gallagher said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tracy said...

Wow, Nicole, I'm praying that everything goes well! Of course, I hear tha c-section scars are hardly noticeable...and having her earlier wouldn't be so bad :)

Visits Since March 15, 2008

Free Hit Counter