She was a bit nervous at first, but as soon as we arrived, her nervousness must have went away. She found her name at her desk, did what her teacher asked of her, gave me a kiss, a hug, and a wave goodbye. Wow! Brayden was just the same when he started too.
Brayden picks her up for me after school, so that's nice. I can just hang out in the van with Chloe until they come. It was pretty cute watching them leave the school building as they were walking over to the van. Brayden was being all big brotherly, holding her hand across the crossing walk until I was in sight, then she let go and ran to the van. lol. It was stinkin' cute! I know for a fact that they held hands in the school too. Madi is my hand holder. You know, Brayden is too. He still holds my hand when we walk places together. I have such cute kids!
I asked how her day went at school and she said she had a lot of fun and she really likes her teacher. They learned a new school song, read a couple stories, and even played on the playground. Yep, that was about all I got from her. lol.
Today Brayden rode his bike again to school, which was fine. I told him he still had to pick Madison up from class and walk her to the van before he gets his bike to ride home. I am not having Madison ride her bike or walk home right now. We don't live too far away from the school, but there is a lot of traffic. Someday I might let her, maybe.
This is the first year Brayden's been allowed to go to school by himself. We don't have any kids in our neighborhood he can go with. The kids in the ward live on the otherside of the boundry and go to a different school, or they go to the Charter school. All his friends live closer to the school than us, or further away and take the bus. Dang school boundries.
She wanted a picture taken where you could see what her backpack looks like. It says princess all over it.
Mrs. Farr, her Kindergarten teacher, and Madison.
At her desk doing her first school assignment... coloring a picture of herself.

3 comments:
That is funny. Amanda insisted on a pic of her backpack too. At our school it is hard to get morning kindergarten. They try and give you the afternoon, then you have to fight to get morning if you work.
She looks so sweet!!! I am glad she had a good frist day...it would be hard to talk them into going back if they had a bad day. My neighbors little girl had an potty accident on the first day...poor girl, that would be hard to get her to go back!
She looks so adorable! I love the backpack Madison! Cute hair too!
Post a Comment