They have what they call a Children's Parade. Some of the children's parents will decorate their child's bike with ribbons, balloons and other decorations. I don't. I should, but my kids have NEVER once asked me too or complained that I don't decorate their bikes.
Everyone lines up in front of the Grant School building (across the street from my house) and exactly at 10 am, all the kids and their parents take off. They ride their bikes, scooters, or just walk around the school and baseball park block. At the end they get a ribbon and a airhead. In all it takes about 15 minutes, or 2 minutes if you are Brayden and ride as fast as you can so you can get home and play computer games again... lol. I think it's fun.
And of course their is Madison, she can now ride her bike without training wheels, although she doesn't want to ride her big girl bike yet.
Then Chloe, she gets to sit in the wagon while I walk around pulling her. She loves the wagon. As soon as we go outside, she walks right over to the lean to to get her wagon out.
Afterwords we head over to the museum where they have art activities for the kids. They have about 15 booths to choose from. Activities range from making finger puppets to painting, even to making a small clay pot. The kids are given these punch cards, and if you get 7 done, you get a little goodie. We've never made a clay pot because the line is way too long, but we do get our 7 done so we can get out of there! lol. It's so hot and busy, but still fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment