Friday, April 11, 2008

Tomorrow is the BIG day

Tomorrow is Brookside's 1st Annual Bike Rodeo. I'm pretty nervous, I've never done a bike rodeo or been to a bike rodeo.

I've verified that Parks Sportsman will be here to help. I've called a lot of parent helpers and only a few have confirmed they will be there to help. Which sucks, because it's from 10am - 2pm and I wanted at least 2 parent helpers there for an hour each. The PTA president will be there from 11am to 2pm. Her 16 year old daughter will be there all day to help me (health project), and I have another lady coming from 11 to 12 pm. Then there is me.

I guess we'll see how it goes. I have to go there at 9:30 am to set up. I have no clue how to setup either. I have 4 stations, and another one for helmet fit. I'm thinking at station 1 there should be a helper to hand out the check-off sheets. Then a Parks Sportsman employee can do their things at each station. I'll have another parent helper at the helmet fit station. If the students complete all 4 stations for bike safety, they get to enter their name for a drawing at the helmet station.

Cross your fingers for me.

2 comments:

Preds Girl said...

My fingers are crossed for ya! You'll do great! You are very resourceful and I'm sure you'll map things out splendidly! Your plan you outlined here sounds great! (From what I can tell...I've never done a bike rodeo either. LOL)

Let us know how it goes!

Preds Girl said...

Oh, cute little zoo pet, Lavender!

Visits Since March 15, 2008

Free Hit Counter